Your First Step - Check If You Are Financially Ready
Are you financially ready to own a home? Look into these 5 calculations and questions before you meet with your broker or lender.
- Compare how much you currently spend on expenses and debt payments with the amount you have saved or invested.
- How much can you afford to spend on housing each month without risking your financial health?
- How much do you need to save to pay for the upfront costs of buying a home?
Upfront costs include:
- The down payment
- Home inspection and appraisal fees
- Insurance costs
- Land registration fees
- Prepaid property taxes or utility bills (the buyer reimburses the seller or builder)
- Legal or notary fees
- Potential repairs or renovations
- Moving costs
- GST/HST/QST on a newly built house or mortgage loan insurance
- How much would you be spending each month with homeownership expenses added to your current financial situation?
- What is your credit score? You can demonstrate your ability to consistently pay bills and debts with a copy of your credit report.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Once you have addressed the above needs, your next step in the purchasing process is to get pre-qualified with a mortgage company. This can be done over the phone or even online in a matter of minutes.
Call/Text me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Work FOR You
Now we can begin to discuss what you are looking for. From here on out, we will hunt for your house until we find it. I will send you listings as soon as they become available (before they are on the MLS®, if you sign up to my email system).
If you think you are bugging me because "We have looked at a million houses and we haven't liked one , we are wasting your time"
You couldn't be more wrong. My job is to show buyers properties that they might like. If you don't like the house, it's not your fault. By shortening the list, we are getting closer to finding you the perfect match!
From the day we first meet to the day I hand you keys to your new home, I will look out for your best interests. That means putting you before me, which is the way Real Estate should be!